Blessings in all things

Blessings in all things
not sure where this one came from...

Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Dance

7/17/07

There I am, dancing the dance of the Universe making love with the music and it occurs how easy it is to give myself into the music, give myself into the flow… stop pushing against the current of sound waves, trying to pretend they’re not there or that they are something else or that I’m not controlling things properly… A voice is soothing in the mind, controlling is futile, how much more pleasant, ecstatic, blissful, peaceful to let go through a leap of faith that the current will carry me softly, buoyantly, lusciously.

This friend of mine has been an inspiration for a particular aggravation today and as I began to lay into the flow of the music, the sound stroked artfully at my being and onto it was said that my selfishness, my insecurities, and ultimately my complete compromising self-obsession was the source of all irritation, having nothing to do with any perceived shortcomings of the Other. Tensions melted away like liquid from its casing, in sighting that I am the source and also the destination, a pleasant knowing that the shadows and companionships and fullness I’m always seeking, are always with me as I seek them. The sound continued wrapping me in the warmth of playful experimentation, liberation through physical interaction, and again came a wisp of simplicity that languidly twisted through me, the Dance soothes and food nourishes and flowers smile and people challenge, naturally these pleasures are meant for practice, presenting themselves in such agreeable manners to the being. Again I have been pushing against the currents of time and spirit and space in futile attempts at self-woe, redirection, reformation, deprecation. For one who creates, should not the creator be at work in day-to-day livelihoods? Can there be any other way to peaceful & progressive flirtation in the ocean of One?

I relax further into it and smile to observe and then become a passing moment of perfection.

No comments: